Tuesday 10 June 2014

A Use For Everything

All the largest cuts have been made and the 4 ton slab has shed the last of its heaviest sections. I have tried to block out and remove the stone in a way so that it would still be useful for creating some smaller stone sculptures. After gathering up all the off cuts, I was pretty pleased with what I had ended up with. These lumps of stone may appear to anyone else as worthless, but to me they have the potential for a  series of smaller organic indoor sculptures. I am especially drawn to the stones with an unusual twist and line in their form. These existing shapes will definitely trigger further explorations in the stone, as I will be guided by and carve directly with whats in front of me, allowing the distinct form to determine the abstracted outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment