Tuesday 31 December 2013

365 Portrait Project


I had the pleasure of inviting my local primary school headmaster from Barming out to my workshop to have a look at what I’ve been up to since starting the Cobtree Project. Robin Halls is a Head Master and is also a very keen photographer who last January set himself a task of taking a portrait every day for a year. He has called this body of work ‘The 365 Portrait Project’. I can recall speaking with Robin probably 11 months ago about his work and how challenging his project sounded due to his busy commitments as a Head Teacher. Of course, I was more than happy to invite him out to the workshop when he expressed an interest in photographing portraits of artist’s to add variety to the theme of individual portraits. On previous occasions before when I have had portraits taken I am normally unrecognisable. My face is obscuered with a dust mask, ear defenders and a hat, just the way I like it!! However, as it was early in the morning and I had yet to get togged up with mask and grinder Robin was able to catch me dust free and content. You can check out more of Robin’s photos and follow his last few weeks of portraits by clicking the link below. You might even be surprised and see someone you know!!



No comments:

Post a Comment