Thursday 19 December 2013

Segment: 'Each of the parts into which something may be divided'

The final two segments that will complete the ‘Seed Stack’ sculpture are starting to take shape. A good morning was spent grinding and blocking out the arch’s in the two stones. I’ve decided to put the two blocks together to work the overall ‘dome’ shape and then they will be separated, turned over and hollowed out.  It sounds like a lot of work but I have lifted the blocks up onto one of the wider benches to save the strain on my back and therefore making me work faster, well that’s the logic! It’s hard to think it’s nearly Christmas with the sort of weather there has been today. Beautiful sunshine motivated my progress but it seemed it was not long before the tungsten lamps had to be turned on because of poor visibility.  
 
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment